Our client is a growing Cloud Solution provider servicing the metro D.C. area. They are a dynamic and energetic group dedicated to the successful implementation of client projects.
Our client is seeking an accomplished Senior IT Consultant to join ther team of highly-skilled professionals. This position is focused on the implementation and support of data center technologies including: Linux, VMware, SAN and NAS storage, data center networking, servers, and complex integrations of environments.
Strong Linux build, scripting, and troubleshooting skills a must.
Previous experience with Ceph storage installation, support and upgrades desirable.
Experience with Ansible/Puppet/Chef valuable. Previous experience with cloud technologies like OpenStack, AWS/Azure/Rackspace, orchestration solutions (CloudForms/vRealize/MS Operations Management), and software-defined technologies are a major plus.
- Perform installation and integration for various clients, both on site and remote
- Coordinate with internal team, clients, and third parties on installation and integration requirements; help clarify technical requirements; and identify possible issues on assigned implementations
- Provide documentation and orientation for clients on installed systems
- Provide technical support and advanced troubleshooting for client environments, both during implementation and as ongoing escalation support
- Superior Linux skills, particularly installation and tuning
- Strong functional knowledge of networking, hardware, and software; ability to implement those technologies efficiently
- Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Consultant mindset, focused on personal responsibility for successful project implementation and turnover
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to learn new topics and understand complex problems quickly
- Deadline and detail-oriented