Our long term client, and industry leader in their respective field, is adding an important Cybersecurity Specialist to the Cyber Security team.
As part of the strategic Enterprise IT team, the Information Cycbersecurity Specialist will provide security and risk management services by performing risk identification, assessment and remediation, as well as regulatory and internal compliance monitoring using standards and processes as required to adequately protect personnel, facilities, infrastructure, information and business operations from criminal intrusion.
This role will be responsible for effective working relationships with end users, vendors and managers to facilitate identification and resolution of hardware and software related security problems. Recommends security improvements by assessing current situation, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements. Maintains and updates malware end-point protection software; mitigates vulnerabilities as identified.
Typical day to day duties will include:
- Interact extensively with internal or external customers.
- Critically understand company’s operations and systems.
- Provide security expertise to the company to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Plan, create, implement and maintain security program documentation.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and carries out penetration tests.
- Develop and track security metrics for security events and incidents.
- Define security requirements and review systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established security standards.
- Independently identify, assess and document system security deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Perform system risk assessments, evaluation of products and review SaaS based services to assess/address risk.
- Monitor various security tools to identify potential incidents, network intrusions and malware events, etc. to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems are protected.
- Work with the Training department to maintain and update the security awareness training program.
- Work with the IT Operations to ensure Cybersecurity threats are properly identified, analyzed, communicated, addressed and/or defended, investigated and reported to management.
- Participate in investigations into any alleged computer or network security compromises, incidents or problems; recommends corrective actions.
- Assess vendors' security controls to ensure new and existing vendors adequately protect customer information (NPI).
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application and database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
Required Professional Background
- Bachelor degree – related work experience may substitute for some years of education.
- One or more certifications – CISA, CISSP, etc. highly desired
- 5+ years of system administration experience, along with 1+ year of PowerShell / Scripting
- 2+ years of experience in the Information Security or Cybersecurity industries.
- Knowledge of security standards and groups such as NIST, OWASP, ISO 27001/27002.
- Experience in supporting network firewalls and proxy servers.
- Familiar with administration of Routers, Firewalls and Switching technology.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related data network protocols.
- Knowledge of standard network protocols such as, TCP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP etc., and advanced features like IPSEC and IPv6 related protocols and accompanying protocol analysis tools.
- Experience with the design and configuration of a network DMZ.
- Knowledge of security and risk frameworks including NIST, SANS, ISO, CoBIT.
- Knowledge of data retention strategies and policies related to personally identifiable information and other regulatory requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge of Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2 including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, load balancing, DFS, RADIUS and ADFS.
- Working knowledge of local area network administration including protocols and standards, switching, routing and firewall configuration.
- Knowledge of patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (SSL/TLS).
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required
- Proven experience in large, complex enterprise-wide initiatives.