Our client is a proactive Managed Service Provider, responding to the needs and challenges of our clients in Northeast Ohio. They are seeking a Project Manager with MSP experience to become an integral part of the their team.
Objectives of the role of Project Manager:
There are three key objectives to be met by the person in this role.
- Planning multiple tasks across multiple resources in order to optimize schedule and costs.
- Recording and reporting on progress towards a project goal
- Provide feedback to the client, the project team leader, and the managing partner on status of projects, including post mortem analysis.
The qualified candidate must be able to:
- Define a project methodology and process, with associated tools, and review and improve it continuously as needed to meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- Be able to define an end goal, in terms of specific deliverables for a project.
- Schedule and hold kick off meeting with the client, and status meeting as needed thereafter for client satisfaction and project management.
- Maintain documents on project costs, equipment ordered, time used, etc. in order to provide a complete picture of the cost and value of the project.
- Gather needs from users, and solution and tasks from engineers and other content experts.
- Assemble a list of tasks in order to meet the end goal deliverables.
- Use ConnectWise or Microsoft Project and other tools to document set of tasks with their dependencies and schedules.
- Communicate the end goal to the client.
- Provide regular status reports to client and managing partner on project status.
- Advise when projects are at risk, and identify solutions.
- Collect hours on assigned tasks for all projects
- Review hours and analyze for project performance against estimates.
- Hold assigned resources accountable for results.
- Identify recurring issues in the project team and raise awareness to the managing partner.
- Learn technical needs and solutions to the degree needed to manage the project(s).
- Help identify needed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for recurring project tasks.
- Additionally, the following firm wide tasks are required on a regular basis
- Manage the ConnectWise system in place, including making changes to services boards, users, etc.
- Create projects in ConnectWise.
- Create accurate invoices from ConnectWise and send to clients.
- As assigned, manage client tools in place for license or support renewal agreements, such as Microsoft SPLA licenses or SonicWALL support agreements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology or business related field.
- Preferred Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Other Desired Certifications: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP); Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA).
- ConnectWise and supporting apps and report tools.
- Microsoft tools such as Office, Project, Visio.