Our industry leading client needs the skills and expertise of an experienced Technical Sales Engineer. We are currently seeking a highly skilled technical sales engineer with the drive and determination to help support their immediate and long-term sales efforts. The successful candidate will take over the helm of this initiative and instituting new pre-and-post sales workflows and strategies that will decrease scope/quote times and increase B2B revenue. We’re looking for a creative and client focused technical professional with a strong IT background who can both take and give direction. He or she will work closely with the Chief Sales Officer (CSO) to achieve the desired metrics.
Technical sales engineers are responsible for supporting inside and outside sales teams in making technical recommendations to customers and providing technical information and making technical presentations to help close sales. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service.
This position will include working with our Business Development reps., Account Managers, Sales Coordinator, Purchasing Manager and Project Managers to develop project scopes for technical services and solutions implementations.
Job duties include utilizing their quoting, project planning, scheduling and management solutions to collaborate and work with other staff, customer and vendor support resources to insure effective, and efficient service delivery to customers. Overall relationship management skills and the ability to coordinate required resources to respond to complex IT requirements are desired. Other requirements include participating in ongoing sales strategy meetings and preparing and presenting sales reports to management regularly.
Technical Sales Engineer responsibilities:
- Learn the technical details regarding Managed Services and Project solutions and what problems our offerings solve for our clients
- Create new sales scopes of work (SOW) and interact closely with the CSO, VP of Sales and Sales Coordinator to produce accurate and profitable project SOW’s. These SOW’s target the needs of current clients and prospective clients
- Work with Account Managers and vCIO’s to ensure that all required pre-and-post sales technical support is accurate and timely.
- Attend in-person and teleconference meetings with clients and prospects and support the Sales, Account Management and vCIO teams as needed.
- Meet or exceed sales scoping goals, SLA’s and quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Conduct and manage Sales Engineering activities
- Provide a single point of contact for end-user Sales Engineering issues
- Maintain consistent communication with all parties including end-users or clients, as well as internal management hierarchy
- Participate in ongoing management and strategy meetings
- Participate in ongoing research and development activities for new products, solutions and services working closely at times with the CTO
- Prepare and present regular progress reports to management
- Meet with account managers and technicians and receive and discuss information / documentation to spell out preliminary work scopes and develop proposed client solutions
- Contact and work with distributors, vendors and fulfillment partners to develop price quotes for hardware, software and services to determine the best method of creating proposals with input from account managers
Technical Sales Engineer qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business Administration or Technology related field required
- Previous technical and sales experience required (Law Firm experience is a plus)
- 10+ years’ experience in the technology industry
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory position
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Familiarity with project management solutions a plus
Successful Candidate must be:
- Professional and articulate
- Interpersonally adept
- Technically proficient
- A relationship builder
- A problem solver
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal & sick time and training reimbursement. Our generous compensation plans are structured as salary plus bonuses for meeting utilization, compliance and customer service requirements, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.Submit Resume