Our innovative client, in the rapidly growing mobile healthcare industry, continues to expand. As a result of increased client demand for their product, they are increasing their customer facing project management team.
The Project Manager (PM) will implement a cutting edge software solution for new Customers within the healthcare sector. The PM's first responsibility is to understand the Customer objectives and lead the software implementation project from initiation to closure. The PM must have an understanding of project management practices and demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills.
The ideal PM candidate must be able to manage three to five concurrent projects ranging from small to medium complexity. This is not an entry level position, rather it's an opportunity for a technology project management professional with several years' experience to take the next step towards a consulting like role by directing and motivating multiple project teams consisting of clinical, operations, and technology staff.
- Manage and adhere to PMI methodology and governance processes for small to medium complexity projects from initiation through closure.
- Understand Customer goals, balance competing priorities and requirements, and deliver value while ensuring the Customer feels good about the experience and solution.
- Lead teams comprised of Customer, vendors, and Vivify Health employees related to work activities of a software implementation project on a daily basis.
- Complete project documentation to spec and on time.
- Solicit and provide project updates to sponsors and team members.
- Identifies important issues before they become critical and escalates proposed solutions to sponsors for resolution.
- Ensures a satisfactory transfer of control upon project completion to a Customer account manager and to Customer technical support.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3 – 4 years experience. This role is NOT an entry level role, but neither is it a senior level role.
- The PM candidate must understand and adhere to project management best practices, yet still demonstrate flexibility in our fast-paced, startup environment.
- The PM candidate must demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills interacting with executive sponsors, team members, and stakeholders across multiple Customers.
- The PM candidate must have a Bachelor degree, with a preference for a technology related area.
- The PM candidate must have at least two years working on technology related projects specifically responsible for leading and motivating teams of people towards a goal.
- The PM candidate must have the ability to travel occasionally.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential is a plus, but not required.
- Bilingual or multilingual proficiency is a plus
Personal Characteristics that will set someone apart from the competition include:
- STRONG planning skills and capable of responding in a calm and measured manner when dealing with tight deadlines
- Inquisitive and curious mind
- Self-starter, but smart enough to know when to ask for help
- Past experience working with external customers of a healthcare software firm in a project management or software implementation role.