Our client is a growing Technology Solutions Provider that services the Banking community. They are seeking to add an accomplished Tier 2 Network Technician to their NOC 2nd shift team.
Network Tier 2 Techs are responsible for tickets regarding our client’s infrastructure that do not require escalation to a specialist level agent. They are responsible for ensuring critical issues are resolved to client satisfaction, meeting service level agreements. This position is a hands on technical role that comes with many benefits such as working with an innovative team, a strong focus on goal achievement, integrating the latest technologies and working in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
- Monitor, analyze, and resolve network second level incidents for CSI’s Managed Services clients.
- Take ownership of network tickets until resolution or escalation.
- Ensure all tickets are updated with accurate information.
- Escalate tickets to appropriate specialists as necessary to ensure tickets are closed in a timely fashion.
- Provides assistance to Tier 3 staff with problem research and documentation.
- Provide technical escalation support to Tier 1 staff to ensure continuous improvement within technical staff.
- Understand and work within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response to inbound issues.
- Document resolution procedures within internal Knowledgebase where applicable.
- Train and mentor new employees as needed to ensure their success in the team.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms.
- Work with other teams to identify the source of issues.
- Continue to improve technical knowledge through on-going training and certifications.
- Managed services experience.
- Experience with email flow and spam filtering products
- Experience implementing business continuity and disaster recovery backups
- Experience in the financial service industry
- Familiarity with compliance regulations: FFIEC, FDIC, NCUA, and GLBA
- Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment and a STRONG desire to learn.
- Working knowledge of network environments including
- LANWAN routing
- Wireless administration
- Firewall administration including VPN administration
- Must be comfortable working with and troubleshooting Cisco networking operating systems including IOS, ASA, and Wireless.
- Minimum of 2 years of network operations support experience.
- Preferred: CCENT/CCNA,